Tuesday, June 21, 2011

J-E-L-L-O !!

I love to collect old recipe booklets, especially ones with beautiful color drawings. When we lived in Rochester there was an exhibit of watercolor drawings from the Jello Museum in Le Roy, NY, where Jello was invented! So we got to see some of the original drawings that are in the Jello booklets I have collected. Many early magazine and advertising illustrators were women, someone should write a book about this subject.

I like the price on the cover of this booklet.


Isn't Jello wonderful the way you can see through it?


I never could unmold it successfully....


Paradise Pudding looks divine!

I used to make a Jello 'Sunshine Salad' when Kathy was young. It consisted of orange jello, crushed pineapple, and grated carrots. Although pretty much a desert, it was a way of getting nutritious carrots into the diet! I haven't made it in a long time. It's time to revisit the Sunshine Salad...

No comments:

Post a Comment