Thursday, February 16, 2012

Antique Valentines

I love old postcards, greeting cards, recipe booklets, and other ephemera. There is something very charming about finding a pretty, old postcard with writing on the back! It makes you think of a time when people wrote much more than we do now. I have some postcards that simply say "Hi" on the back, and others with affectionate and sometimes smart-alecky notes.

Lulu once gave me a little album of valentine cards she had found over in Stephentown, NY (I think). Here are two cards I recently found on a trip home, possibly at Nancy Dole Books & Ephemera in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. I love Nancy's second floor book shop -- small and cozy, lots of classic craft and knitting books that my sister and I race each other to, and a collection of well organized ephemera. I do wish I could go through the doors of that charming shop someday without a budget! Sigh.


This cute card has a mechanism that makes for a sweet surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice fountain pens and #2 pencils seem
    to be a thing of the past. I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete